1. Write Guest Posts and Allow Guest Posts - Search for blogs that are in your same niche. Contact the owner and ask them if it would be possible that you write a guest post on their blog. Also, advertise on your blog that you allow guest posts as well.
2. Post New Content Regularly - Posting on a regular basis or schedule shows your readers that you are serious about your blog. When you take your blog serious, others are sure to follow. Also, read # 2 - Quantity and Quality of Content on 5 Easy to Follow Tips to Help your Blog Rank Higher.
3. Design a Facebook Fan Page - Getting readers, family, friends and co-workers to like your Facebook Fan Page, join in on conversations, share funny or inspirational photos and share your posts is a great way to gain followers.
4. Participate in Twitter Chats - Twitter chats are group chats that happen on a particular topics. They begin with a hashtag or # and end with a word. (i.e. #blogchat) Check this great List of Twitter Chats out.
5. Allow RSS Subscriptions to your Blog - RSS Stands for Rich Site Summary or Really Simple Syndication. Whatever you want to refer to it as, it's a format for delivering regularly changing web content. So if you have someone subscribed to your RSS feed and you publish a new post, they are automatically notified of the new post. Feedburner and NewsGator are a couple feed readers you might already know of or use.
6. Social Media Buttons - Social Media buttons are an easy way for people who visit your site to connect with you on other social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest...etc. See our Social Media Icon Shop to grab some today!
7. Turn Posts into Articles - Check your stats out on your past posts. Grab 2 of your most popular ones and head over to Ezine Articles or LadyPens. Format them to fit their requirements and link back to your blog at the bottom of the article.
8. Participate in Blog Hops and Swaps - Blog Hops, Link Ups, Parties..are where you link up your blog address and visit others who have linked up. Most Bloggers who participate in these hops will follow your blog if you follow them. Enter our Social Link Up and leave a comment telling me you're a new follower and I'll follow you back. Swaps are what you see in the left sidebar here. Most bloggers will host your button for free for 30 days if you host theirs. You will usually see a page titled PR, Advertise or Sponsor. If not, contact the Blogger and ask them if they are interested in swapping buttons. You can Swap here with us also.
9. Ask Bloggers in your Niche to Follow you - When you leave a comment on a new blog you just found, ask them to follow you in return. Don't be shy! They can't eat you...only tell you NO!
10. Host Raffles and Giveaways - Offer freebies. Who doesn't like free stuff? Host a raffle or giveaway and advertise the heck out of it.
11. Have an Offline Presence - Participate in Blog Conferences or host a meet and greet in your area for bloggers. Bloggers are social people. We love to learn from others and meet new people.
12. Include an Email List to your Blog - IContact or Constant Contact can produce a list for you or ask your Twitter Followers, Facebook Fans, Friends, Family, Coworkers, Readers if they want to receive a weekly or monthly newsletter from you. Get their email addresses.
What other things can you do to gain more blog followers?