Facebook - The number one Social Network
Facebook has always been a great source of traffic for A Little Unhinged. This is only because I am constantly marketing myself and my posts on both my personal and fan pages. I hope you do also. Have you seen their latest stats?
- One billion monthly active users as of October 2012.
- Approximately 81% of our monthly active users are outside the U.S. and Canada.
- 584 million daily active users on average in September 2012.
- 604 million monthly active users who used Facebook mobile products as of September 30, 2012. Source
Follow the below awesome tips to get more likes on your Facebook!
1. Go to your personal page and make sure you have your blogs url in your personal info. I added my blog url and what it's about in the "About Me" section of my profile. I also added my blog url in the "Contact Info" section.
2. Share every post to your personal and fan pages. Whether you have it automatically syndicated or you do it manually. This way everyone will be updated of new posts.
3. Set up an account at Networked Blogs. Then add the app to your fan page through the blogger dashboard in your Networked Blogs settings. It will appear like this on your fan page:
When a visitor clicks on the Blog App they will see a feed of all of your posts.
4. Add a "Facebook Like Box" to your blog and strategically place it in your sidebar. This way visitors to your blog can just click the like button and be done. A Facebook Social Media Icon in your sidebar is good also but it takes the visitor away from your site. Using the "Like Box" encourages them to stay on your blog. You can customize the appearance of your "Like Box" and it's so easy to integrate.
5. In your fan page settings, allow your fans to upload and tag photos. If they tag their friends in photos that you upload, this will appear in their timeline which will lead to more traffic for your fan page.
6. Did you know that you can get more likes via SMS (text messaging)? Try it! If your mobile phone number is linked your personal Facebook account, text this --->
to 32665. This is the short code for Facebook. (Change YourUserName to the user name of your fan page. You can find your fan pages user name by going to "Edit Page" at the top of your fan page dashboard. Then "Update Info" and "Basic Information". It's listed under "Username")
7. Host a giveaway for Facebook fans only. Rafflecopter and Fanzy are two great apps that work well with Facebook Giveaways.
8. Post status updates but not too often. A couple of ideas for status updates on your fan page are (1) upload humorous and inspirational photos and add a watermark to the photos with your fan page URL (2) Ask open ended questions. This will encourage interaction between fans and yourself. (3) Respond to comments and questions from your blog. If someone leaves you an awesome compliment or asks you a question on your blog, address it on your fan page. (4) Share giveaways or useful posts from other bloggers and websites. Don't be just about yourself. Network! Network! Network!
9. Suggest your page to your family and friends from your personal page. Invite email contacts also. On your fan page dashboard at the top you will see "Build Audience"! Check it out and get to building.
10. Add a Facebook Social Media Icon to your Email Signature. Read our tutorial on How to add Social Icons to your Email Signature.
11. Link up your fan page at blog hops and parties just for Facebook. Julie at Naptime Review has an awesome Weekly Facebook Link up hosted on Wednesdays. Check it out and link up. Also, feel free to link up below!